Saturday, September 15, 2012

I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston




One of the best loved ballads and greatest hits by Whitney Houston who passed away not too long ago is “I Will Always Love You”. Originally this song was developed by famous country singer Dolly Parton who was writing it for her dear friend country singer Porter Wagner. The meaning of the song was due to their time spent together and also to show her appreciation for the time they worked together. Dolly Parton’s version of “I Will Always Love You” was more of a country ballad but, Whitney Houston’s version captured and attracted audiences from all over the world. “If I should stay I would only be in your way so I’ll go but I know I’ll think of you every step of the way Bittersweet memories that is all I’m taking with me so goodbye, please don’t cry we both know I’m not what you, you need.”I Will Always Love You “. Even though Dolly Parton was the original writer Whitney Houston will always be the one who made this song a #1 hit.




No comments:

Post a Comment